Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 16: Thing 21 & 22

Thing 21
I spent a good deal of time last year updating my resume after I had finished my first two years as a school librarian. I first thought I would only need to make a few additions since it was not that old, but after reading it carefully, I felt like it didn’t truly reflect my strengths and new skills. When I pulled it out again for this assignment, I looked at it with a different perspective. I learned how to use a number of new tech tools over these past weeks, but know that I need to increase my tech skills if I am going to go in the direction that I would like to be in the next couple of years. I came to this career later in life compared to many, and still have so much to learn. As I made my list of activities and interests I feel I have sharpened my skills in a number of areas, but see that technology is the area that could be holding me back.
                                                           
Thing 22
Volunteering for professional growth is not something I had really thought about until reading Jo’s post. I volunteer a large amount of hours a month for a number of organizations, but had never thought about it for my career! She talks about increasing your confidence and expanding your network…..just what I need to expand my tech knowledge. Now I just have to find the right place to volunteer where I can hone some new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment