Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 14: Thing 17- Prezi & Slideshare

I will start with Slideshare as that is the one I am most familiar with. I actually use Slideshare often when I am looking for a particular PowerPoint to follow up a lesson.  There are many good PowerPoint presentations out on Slideshare that I can use instead of starting from scratch. I can plan additional hands-on activities and make better use of my time if I am looking for a short PP to enhance a lesson. I would highly recommend using Slideshare to increase your options for presentations.
When I first looked at the demo of Prezi I thought it would be too hard to use, but in fact it is pretty easy and very cool! It does make a PowerPoint look pretty boring no matter how you spruce it up! I don’t have to make many presentations, but after signing up and playing around with Prezi, I would definitely use it in the future and would recommend it to friends and students wanting something with more zing! I did try and put one of my own PowerPoints into Prezi and I found it somewhat confusing so I will have to give that another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment