Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 13: Catch Up Week & Reflection

When I look over the long list of “Things” I have tried or put into practice, these are the ones that have been the most helpful:
Thing # 4- I had used RSS feeds in the past, but I am depending on them more now to manage the amount of information that I need to keep up-to-date on.   
Thing #8- Google Calendar was also something I had used for a few projects, but now I am trying to use it be more organized not only at school, but also several charity organizations I am involved in.
Thing #9-Evernote was a “thing” I had already been using and I still love it. It is something that I love to share with friends if they have not given it a try!
The last “thing” is about advocacy which was #16. It is something that we all do every day when we talk about our libraries, but not something that was organized and professional.  A week after I had completed “thing” 16 my principal asked if I would like to talk to our school board and I jumped at the chance. I am not sure I would have been as excited or prepared prior to this time, but I am happy to say it went very well and I was excited about it! I had a planned presentation with statistics that then created some good discussions by our board. To my delight, the next day my principal told me they wanted to give me some extra money to do some upgrades!!

No comments:

Post a Comment