Monday, August 1, 2011

CPD23: Week 5: Thing #6-Online Networks

Interesting read on social networks as there are several I have not heard of before.  My main reason for using social networks is to stay connected and to be better equipped at what I do. I have been using Facebook for about a year and half and use it primarily for friends and family, but also use it to stay connected to the teachers at my school. Sometimes we start a message thread and it works well when we are planning a school event. At this point I have not used it to connect with other school librarians—that is where I see Google+ fitting in for me. I like how you can decide on a group of people to share with instead of everyone on your friend list who is really not interested in your library talk.
I have been invited to use Linkedln, but have not used it at this point. I don’t see it as a way for teachers to network, but I would have loved using it when I was in sales years ago. There were several network names that were new to me and I thought I would follow the LAT network for teachers on Twitter to see what they are all about. It looked to me that it was more UK things that may not apply, but it can’t hurt to take a peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment