Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thing 1- Blogging

As I start 23 Things I am excited to get a chance to try some new technology ideas. I am going into my third year as the librarian of an inner-city school in Omaha, but don't get the opportunity to use as much technology as I would like since we also have a technology teacher. Even though this has been my past situation, I would like to continue to learn new ideas and discuss ways I might increase collaboration with the tech teacher as well as my classroom teachers. Besides learning the 23 Things, I am trying to spend more time learning about fixing computer connections and general computer maintenance this summer. My goal is to increase my confidence in computer technology, try new things and not be afraid of messing up my computer. It is so old that I really can't do much damage to it!

As for blogging, I have used Google reader for a couple of years as I have enjoyed reading other blogs, but have not taken the time to set one up myself. I am excited to read the other blogs and hope to gain a number of new ideas to share with my students and fellow teachers this fall.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture to open your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynette:

    I am a few weeks behind, but so far I am finding the experience interesting. I see you are at week 7 (as of this post) -- are you still as engaged in the project as you were in the beginning or is your interest flagging?

    ReplyDelete