Tuesday, June 21, 2011

7 1/2 Habits Video

I have always been a Lifelong Learner! I have taken so many classes for hobbies that interest me and have even talked others into taking different classes because it was the only way I could get a teacher to teach me!


The two questions asked were what do I find the easiest and which one is the hardest...Since much of this is about technology I will say that viewing problems as challenges is the most difficult for me and accepting responsibility for my learning is the easiest.


After reflecting on this topic of lifelong learning, I realize that I have mastered many of the 7 1/2 skills when it comes to a topic that I view as "fun" but am lacking the 7 1/2 skills when it comes to learning as it pertains to my career! I get nervous about not knowing enough about technology (fixing co-workers computers and such at school) that I give up too easily. I would never give up on any other new skill, but fool myself that I am in over my head on much of the technical skills I would like to learn.


This was a good exercise as I was able to see that I view my continued learning in two very different ways and need to make some adjustments to my thought process. I think this was a good start and look forward to more discoveries.


Note** The photo above is from the Wabash Trace Trail in Council Bluffs. It is one of my favorite trails to bike ...life is a journey and this is one of my favorite paths!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynette - So glad you are going to join us for CPD23! And your blog photo is lovely!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete