Monday, September 19, 2011

CPD23: Week 9 - Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

I have been using Google Docs and Wikis for several years and I think they are great tools. A good example of using a Wiki successfully is when I attended a workshop and the presenters gave each participant a business card with the Wiki site printed on it for future use. I have gone back to that particular Wiki several times for ideas on implementing their topic into my lessons and reading the feedback/ideas from other participants.

Dropbox was new to me and I already love it. I have been using Evernote for ideas, photos, lists…just your general things I don’t want to have all over my desk. I often take a picture of something I don’t want to forget and email it to Evernote. I like the idea of Dropbox and the folders-subfolders. I only have the free version so far, will have to wait and see if I want to pay for more storage. Since I have had a number of computer problems lately, the idea of having all my files on any computer sounds much easier than what I have been doing lately to ensure the loss of files. This is also a good idea for students who constantly misplace their flashdrives, so this will be a great tool to present to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment